If your teeth are beyond redemption, your dentist will probably suggest Dental Implants Palm Beach Gardens. Some people may find it extremely scary and intimidating to have something surgically implanted into their jawbones. The truth is, this doesn’t have to be your story. With the right information, preparation, and dental care provider, your experience will be as smooth as it can possibly be.
Dental Implants: What to Expect
- Chances are, you will be sedated during the procedure that’s why before it happens, you will be instructed by your dentist to refrain from eating or drinking anything for 8 to 12 hours to minimize post-surgical nausea. However, both you and your dentist agree on using local anesthesia, there won’t be any food and drink restrictions prior to the surgery.
- Some bleeding may be experienced right after the surgery. You can minimize this by biting down on a piece of gauze.
- You don’t have to worry about the sutures because these will be dissolvable and won’t have to be removed after the surgery.
- You have to take the time off to rest following the procedure that’s why you’ll be advised to NOT rush back to work hours after your surgery. Your dentist will give you a prescription for pain medication to minimize discomfort. To control the swelling, you’ll be instructed to use an ice pack.
- Although you’ll probably be able to get back to work the day after the procedure, you’ll be encouraged to avoid major commitments for a week because most patients tend to experience some discomfort and swelling for up to 10 days.
- Antibiotics may be prescribed after the procedure.
- While you are going through the recovery phase, excellent oral hygiene is strongly recommended. Otherwise, you will experience chronic swelling of your gum tissue. This can lead to implant failure.
- To keep track of your Dental Implants, you’ll have to see your dentist at least 4 times a year.
Where to Get the Best Dental Implants Palm Beach Gardens
Gardens Family Dentistry is a great place to go if you plan on getting Dental Implants Palm Beach Gardens. We offer the highest standard of dental care possible at an affordable price to all of our patients. Call us today for an appointment.