If your teeth are beyond redemption, your dentist will probably suggest Dental Implants Palm Beach Gardens. Some people may find it extremely scary and intimidating to have something surgically implanted into their jawbones. The truth is, this doesn’t have to be your story. With the right information, preparation, and dental care provider, your experience will be as smooth as it can possibly be.
Dental Implants: What to Expect
- Chances are, you will be sedated during the procedure that’s why before it happens, you will be instructed by your dentist to refrain from eating or drinking anything for 8 to 12 hours to minimize post-surgical nausea. However, both you and your dentist agree on using local anesthesia, there won’t be any food and drink restrictions prior to the surgery.
- Some bleeding may be experienced right after the surgery. You can minimize this by biting down on a piece of gauze.
- You don’t have to worry about the sutures because these will be dissolvable and won’t have to be removed after the surgery.
- You have to take the time off to rest following the procedure that’s why you’ll be advised to NOT rush back to work hours after your surgery. Your dentist will give you a prescription for pain medication to minimize discomfort. To control the swelling, you’ll be instructed to use an ice pack.
- Although you’ll probably be able to get back to work the day after the procedure, you’ll be encouraged to avoid major commitments for a week because most patients tend to experience some discomfort and swelling for up to 10 days.
- Antibiotics may be prescribed after the procedure.
- While you are going through the recovery phase, excellent oral hygiene is strongly recommended. Otherwise, you will experience chronic swelling of your gum tissue. This can lead to implant failure.
- To keep track of your Dental Implants, you’ll have to see your dentist at least 4 times a year.
Where to Get the Best Dental Implants Palm Beach Gardens
Gardens Family Dentistry is a great place to go if you plan on getting Dental Implants Palm Beach Gardens. We offer the highest standard of dental care possible at an affordable price to all of our patients. Call us today for an appointment.
Gum disease is one of the most common ailments for middle-aged people. Here are some of the facts surrounding the development of gum disease.
Unfortunately, gum disease is one of the most common dental problems that patients face in the U.S. healthy gums are the foundation for healthy, functional teeth. Many patients don’t realize how unhealthy gums can affect their oral health. When gum disease occurs, patients may experience bleeding gums, inflamed gums, receding gums, swollen gums, sores in the mouth, bad breath, and shifting teeth. For some patients, gum disease may not exhibit any symptoms at all. Gum disease is a preventable oral health concern. Patients will need to delegate time each day to take care of their teeth and gums. Even the healthiest looking teeth are prone to gum disease.
Gum disease begins when there is a buildup of plaque below and above the gum line. Plaque buildup may lead to an infection in the gums, which comprises the soft tissue and bone structure. In the early stages of gum disease, your dentist may reverse the effects of gum disease with an antibacterial rinse or scale and root planing. As gum disease advances, gum surgery may be needed to remove diseased tissue and restore health to the gums. Late stage gum disease affects the bone and soft tissue and can even impact your bite.
Palm Beach Gardens Dental Care
If you are in need of professional cleaning services to help reverse gum disease, Palm Beach Gardens Dental Care is here. Call today if you have any questions about our services and procedures.
At Gardens Family Dentistry, we keep pace with leading-edge technology and methods of care in the field of implant dentistry to help patients with missing teeth enjoy an overall better quality of life. Our Palm Beach Gardens dental implants come closer than any other type of tooth replacement to recreating the look, feel and function of a natural smile. Our highly trained professional team tailors your course of care to address the specific needs of your case, keeping you well informed and at ease throughout the process.
Tooth loss affects millions of people across the United States and may attributed to myriad factors, including periodontal disease, traumatic injury or extensive tooth decay. Moreover, losing teeth can complicate many aspects of your life, making it difficult to enjoy a varied, nutritious diet as well as speak with ease and smile with confidence. By replacing your missing teeth with Palm Beach Gardens dental implants we can help make these vital daily functions easier, improving your health, self-image and sense of wellbeing. An implant is a small surgical post, made of biocompatible materials, which integrates with your jawbone over time to serve as an artificial tooth root. Implants offer many benefits, including providing ongoing stimulation to the surrounding bone to prevent the loss of volume to preserve the natural contours of your face. While an individual implant can support a customized dental crown, strategically placed dental implants can also support a fixed bridge or an overdenture to replace multiple missing teeth. Using advanced diagnostic technology such as CBCT systems, we can determine precisely where to place your implants to rebuild your smile with the utmost exactitude.
If you’ve lost your teeth for any reason, visit us at Gardens Family Dentistry to find out if you’re a candidate for Palm Beach Gardens dental implants. Our goal is to help you enjoy the beautiful, complete smile you deserve. To learn more or to schedule an appointment, call today. Dental implants also address the issue of bone loss, which typically occurs after a tooth is lost or extracted.